Australian Action on Pre-eclampsia Inc. (AAPEC) is an association incorporated in Victoria. It is a voluntary organisation set up to provide support and information to families who have suffered from pre- eclampsia.
Its objectives are :-
- To educate, inform and advise the public and health professionals about the prevalence, nature and risks of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
- To provide support to people who suffer or have suffered pre-eclampsia, and their families.
- To campaign for greater awareness and action to improve methods of detection and treatment.
- To promote research into the causes of the disease and appropriate screening techniques and treatment methods.
AAPEC's functions include:-
- Publishing regular newsletters and information brochures operating a network of regional local support groups.
- Organising seminars and workshops for families and medical personnel.
- Raising funds to support AAPEC's objectives.
Membership is open to all interested parties at a cost of $20 per annum ($10 for pensioners). This entitles you to AAPEC's newsletters (at least 4 per year).
Download a membership form using the link below and post it with your cheque to receive a Pre-eclampsia info pack.
P.O. Box 29 Carlton South
Vic. 3053 Australia
Ph: 61 3 9330 0441
Download the order form (61KB PDF format)