Australian Action on preeclampsia Inc. (AAPEC) is an association incorporated in Victoria. It is a voluntary organisation set up to provide support and information to families who have suffered from preeclampsia.
Its objectives are…
- To educate, inform and advise the public and health professionals about the prevalence, nature and risks of preeclampsia and eclampsia.
- To provide support to women who suffer or have suffered preeclampsia, and their families.
- To campaign for greater awareness and action to improve methods of detection and treatment.
- To promote research into the causes of the disease and appropriate screening techniques and treatment methods.
AAPEC’s functions include…
- Publishing regular newsletters and information brochures.
- Operating a network of regional local support groups.
- Organising seminars and workshops for both the general public and health professionals.
- Raising funds to support AAPEC’s objectives.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in preeclampsia.
Annual membership fees $20.00 full. $10 concession. » Click here to join.